Barker College Head Girl
17 years of age
“We [my peers and I] hear a lot about how the future is in the next generation’s hands, and it’s up to them to drive change. But I think that responsibility falls with all of us, today, including my age group; we need to start now, let’s not wait until things are so bad we’re beyond the point of no return. Let’s actively look for solutions to these issues now and work towards empowering people to do things to force change, make improvements and lead better lives!”
- I am passionate about empowering people and using my leadership role to help people achieve, enabling themselves the best chance to succeed.
- With new technology being developed, it seems a somewhat race to the bottom. One day tech solutions will take away the need for human jobs which is a big challenge for our future generations - leaving school with a great education but struggling to find a place to enact on their passions, or use their well-informed intellect. I guess that’s something we’re going to have to wrestle with in the future.
- I want to be an advocate for change, climate change is really important right now and I want to be a part of this movement - not just for myself, but for my children and their future children. If I can help now, why wouldn’t I?
Something that stands out about this young leader?
- Plays netball and touch.
- Loves the theatre and is seriously considering a career in acting; she is currently in a production of Legally Blonde.
She’s our future, why is her leadership and influence on society something to talk about?
- A good leader is someone that is there for, and listens to, a range of people. You have to be able to hear and comprehend the voices that are often unheard.
- A good leader needs to be an advocate for everyone, and whilst it’s hard to please everyone, your ability to listen, observe and absorb what is happening around you in order to be able to respond to it will determine your success as a leader.
- I’d really love to witness future generations experience more peace. Understandably that’s a huge theme to tackle, but I think eventually we’ll have no choice but to rally as ‘humankind’ - so a priority to generate as much peace as possible between nations is something worth putting the spotlight on.
- We need to improve Australia’s refugee policy. Refugees are people, deserving of basic human rights, and we need to be more empathetic. It’s our duty as leaders to make a stand for what’s right.
Request an appointment
Let's discuss your photography experience