Mackellar Girls High School Captain
17 years of age
“I would like to ask the Prime Minister, “What are you doing to allay the fears of our generation? Do we need to be fearful of climate change? How can we relieve these fears and make a difference to know future generations will be able to live in a world that isn’t completely ruined?”
- Mental health issues aren’t discussed enough. People are always talking about how stressed or down they are at school which is considered normal rather than a mental illness.
- Equality in the world is an issue, particularly in developing countries that don’t experience the same lifestyle as us.
Something that stands out about this young leader?
- Aspires to be a professional athlete. Trains in surf lifesaving and competes in athletics.
- Runs an initiative at school to support the charity, Water Safety Vietnam. The charity sends volunteers to help people learn to swim in Vietnam because the drowning rates are high. A lot of the children don’t have swimming costumes so a small donation can really change their lives.
She’s our future, why is her leadership and influence on society something to talk about?
- I think it’s important that the world listens to the concerns of young people.
- Climate change is a big worry so I would like to make a difference by developing a strategy to reduce the impact.
- A great leader has compassion to voice people’s concerns regardless of how different they are to you and whether you agree with them.
- Leadership is about representing a wide range of people, so you need to understand different people’s opinions and not let your own views get in the way.
Request an appointment
Let's discuss your photography experience